Global Research News Hour Episode 161
Host and producer Michael Welch interviewed Ambassador Andebrhan Welde Giorgis on "What is behind International Condemnation of Eritrea?"
The segment discusses five questions posed by the host on the prevailing situation in the country.
- Is the government of Eritrea an anti-democratic dictatorship?
- Does a recent United Nations backed report make a legitimate case for referring Eritrean government officials to the International Criminal Court?
- Do national service programmes extended indefinitely constitute a form of slavery?
- Is the Eritrean Government justified in locking up individuals identified as journalists, and turning away religious and other institutions?
- Is there a geopolitical and geostrategic context that justifies the actions of the Eritrean government?
You can listen to the audio of the interview below, or via our youtube channel.